Update on the Gathering “The Zapatistas and ConSciences for Humanity.” Subcomandante Insurgente Moisés
ZAPATISTA NATIONAL LIBERATION ARMY
December 15, 2016
To the scientific community of Mexico and the world:
To the National and International Sixth:
We send you our greetings. We want to update you on the plans for the gathering “The Zapatistas and ConSciences for Humanity,” to be held at the CIDECI-UniTierra in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, from December 25, 2016 through January 4, 2017.
- As of December 12, 2016, we have the confirmed participation of 82 scientists from the following countries: Germany, Canada, Chile, United States, Spain, Israel, Paraguay, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Brazil and Mexico (Baja California, Campeche, Mexico City, Mexico State, Jalisco, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, Querétaro and San Luis Potosí).
- The areas in which they work are the following: Quantum Field Theory, Mathematics, Volcanology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Cosmology, Nuclear Fusion, Genetics, Microbiology, Geophysics, Statistical Physics, Optics, Bioethics, Quantum Field Theory, Biophysics, Evolutionary Biology, Marine Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology and Biophysics of Excitable Cells, Solar Photochemistry, Genetic Mutation and Environmental Pollution, Genomics of Microorganisms, Origin and Evolution of Life, Complex Systems, Intelligent Systems Control, Energy Conservation, Food Science and Technology, Energy Science, Nutrition Science, Animal Behavior and Communication, Biodiversity Conservations, Palliative Care, Pediatrics, Behavioral and Conservation Ecology, Evolutionary Ecology of Microorganisms, Marine Ecology, Theoretical Ecology, Ecology and Agro-ecology, Renewable Energy, Energy Systems Engineering, Hydrology, Environmental Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Magnetic Separation of Minerals.
- Scientists and attendees may register on December 25, 2016. Activities will begin on December 26, at 10am, and will conclude on January 4, 2017, at 6pm. There will be an intermission on December 31, 2016 and January 1, 2017.
- The electronic address to register as a listener/observer is: conCIENCIAS@ezln.org.mx
- Two hundred Zapatista bases of support—women, men, children, and elders—of the languages Tzeltal, Tzotzil, Tojolabal, Chol, Zoque, Mame, and mestizo, will attend as students. The Zapatista students are the only ones who may direct questions to the scientists who present.
- The gathering will have general sessions, information sessions, and workshops.
That’s all for now.
From the mountains of the Mexican Southeast,
Subcomandante Insurgente Moisés
Mexico, December 2016